-   -   sumif help. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21622-sumif-help.html)

Jambruins

sumif help.

I have a formula in cells J2:J81. The formula returns a number or a #NUM!
message. How do I sum all the cells that contain a number? The #NUM! will
be replaced with a number eventually so I want to the sum to update as the
numbers replace the #NUM!. Thanks

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Jambruins" wrote in message
I have a formula in cells J2:J81. The formula returns a number or a #NUM!
message. How do I sum all the cells that contain a number? The #NUM!

will
be replaced with a number eventually so I want to the sum to update as the
numbers replace the #NUM!. Thanks

You can use something like

=SUMIF(J2:J81,"<99999999999")

/Fredrik

Dave Peterson

One way:

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(j2:j81),j2:j81))
them yourself.)

You can expand/contract your range--but don't use the whole column.

--

Dave Peterson