-   -   how to find and unlink current worksheet from old worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216153-how-find-unlink-current-worksheet-old-worksheet.html)

kmjmail

how to find and unlink current worksheet from old worksheet

I have a worksheet I have used for years. Every time I open it up €śThis
workbook contains links to other data sources€ť pop up. I always choose Dont
update. I would like to know how to find those links and remove them so it
dose not keep asking me. I dont want it to update the links.

Thank you so much for your help.

Dave Peterson

how to find and unlink current worksheet from old worksheet

I'd use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson

kmjmail

how to find and unlink current worksheet from old worksheet

Thank you for your response but I am not sure if I can download anything to
my work computer.

Do you know of any other way?

Thank you.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'd use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

kmjmail wrote:

I have a worksheet I have used for years. Every time I open it up €œThis
workbook contains links to other data sources€ pop up. I always choose Don€„˘t
update. I would like to know how to find those links and remove them so it
dose not keep asking me. I don€„˘t want it to update the links.

Thank you so much for your help.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

how to find and unlink current worksheet from old worksheet

You may be able to find links in the worksheet (in formulas) by searching for [
or ]. Those will be part of the formula that points at the other workbook.

But formulas aren't the only place where links can hide. They can be in names,
charts, ..., lots of places.

Bill Manville's program checks more locations than I can think of!

I'd try to get special approval for this utility.