-   -   When using a drop down to get it to reference another cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216095-when-using-drop-down-get-reference-another-cell.html)

Josh

When using a drop down to get it to reference another cell

How do I select a item in a drop down or Validation and get a price to show
up in another cell. I have 30 items in my drop down. So in column C it will
need to reference 30 prices along with those items. I think you can only
have 7 If then sceriario's. This is excell 2003

Debra Dalgleish

When using a drop down to get it to reference another cell

You can use the VLOOKUP function to return related prices. There are
instructions he

There's a sample order form here were prices are returned for the
selected item:

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Suleman Peerzade[_2_]

When using a drop down to get it to reference another cell

Here you have use both validation and v lookup
For eg there in col A there is a item description and in col B there is the
price now you need to validate first col A and the table for the price of
those product should be ready some where on the same sheet far from the main
table.
col A(description) col B (price)
Table 10

Formula for vlook up will be
=VLOOKUP(A2,Q2:R6,2,FALSE)

now any one selecting from the drop down list will get the price accordingly

--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade