-   -   Excel author name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/216043-excel-author-name.html)

Jim Lynch

Excel author name

How do I set up my name as default in excel eg see it in comments

Mike H

Excel author name

Hi,

Tools|Options - genral tab
put your name in the author box

Mike

"Jim Lynch" wrote:

How do I set up my name as default in excel eg see it in comments

Jim Lynch[_2_]

Excel author name

Thanks Mike. I got it now.Slightly different with 2007 version. Thanks a lot!

"Jim Lynch" wrote:

How do I set up my name as default in excel eg see it in comments

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Excel author name

Hi,

In 2007

Choose Office Button, Excel Options, Popuar tab, User name

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jim Lynch" wrote:

How do I set up my name as default in excel eg see it in comments

Jim Lynch[_2_]

Excel author name

Perfect, thank you Shane

"Jim Lynch" wrote:

How do I set up my name as default in excel eg see it in comments

dennis

Excel author name

That works for "Last saved by" property. Author should be the one who
initially created excel file. How can I change that?
--

"Jim Lynch" wrote:

How do I set up my name as default in excel eg see it in comments

Patty

Excel author name

This was driving me crazy....fixed the issue in seconds.....THANKS!!!!