-   -   Average of column entries (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21592-average-column-entries.html)

abfabrob

Average of column entries

I have a column of numbers and at the bottom I want the cell to display the
average NOT the total. Can this be done?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

Domenic

Try...

=AVERAGE(A1:A100)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"abfabrob" wrote:

I have a column of numbers and at the bottom I want the cell to display the
average NOT the total. Can this be done?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

Don Guillett

IF, at the bottom means the status bar?? right click on it and change

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"abfabrob" wrote in message
I have a column of numbers and at the bottom I want the cell to display

the
average NOT the total. Can this be done?

Thank you,

Rob,
Teesside,
UK