-   -   Extracting all info in Cell except last 3 characters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/215796-extracting-all-info-cell-except-last-3-characters.html)

Eric D

Extracting all info in Cell except last 3 characters

I am trying to write a formula to give me the value of a cell except for the
last 3 characters. The amount of characters in the cell vary, but the last 3
that i want excluded remain constant. Any suggestions?

Thanks
--
Eric

Pete_UK

Extracting all info in Cell except last 3 characters

Try it this way:

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)

Hope this helps.

Pete