-   -   pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21573-pivot-table.html)

YingRui Oliviero

pivot table

Dear Debra,

Could you please help me to solve this problem?

I need to make a 4 quarts rolling chart. The chart data source is from a
Pivot table. Pivot table data source is updated via a link with external data
source.
When External Data Source is updated, a new quarter Q2-07 comes in ,Q2-06
will be out, so there will be always 4 quarts data in the external data
source. Pivot Table Data Source will be updated via a link with External
data.
My problem is every time new colum of quartly data comes in, pivot table is
not showing the new data. I have to manuelly go into pivot table layout, and
drag sum of new quart data into data area.

I have selected Refresh on open in Pivot Table Option.
Could you please help me to make it happen automatically?

Many thanks in advance.

YingRui Yang

Debra Dalgleish

If the quarters are field names, I don't know of any way to add them to
the data area automatically. You could probably use programming to add
new fields when the workbook is opened.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List