-   -   Opening Excel from Icons (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/215695-opening-excel-icons.html)

Charlesap

Opening Excel from Icons

When I double click a Word Document icon, word opens and the document opens.
However, when I double click an excel workbook icon, only excel progam opens.
The workbook itself does not open. Can this be corrected?

Bob I

Opening Excel from Icons

version of Excel?

Charlesap wrote:

When I double click a Word Document icon, word opens and the document opens.
However, when I double click an excel workbook icon, only excel progam opens.
The workbook itself does not open. Can this be corrected?

Charlesap

Opening Excel from Icons

2003, but I found the answer. I needed to uncheck the "ignore other
applications" block in the "General" tab of "Tools - Options" drop down menu.

Thanks for your help anyway.

"Bob I" wrote:

version of Excel?

Charlesap wrote:

When I double click a Word Document icon, word opens and the document opens.
However, when I double click an excel workbook icon, only excel progam opens.
The workbook itself does not open. Can this be corrected?

Bob I

Opening Excel from Icons

You're welcome, glad you have the correction.

Charlesap wrote:

2003, but I found the answer. I needed to uncheck the "ignore other
applications" block in the "General" tab of "Tools - Options" drop down menu.

Thanks for your help anyway.

"Bob I" wrote:

version of Excel?