-   -   Transpose problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/215583-transpose-problem.html)

Barry Lennox[_2_]

Transpose problem

I have a spreadsheet with names in column A and dates along row 4. I now
realise that the maximum number of names I will have will be 100 to 150 but
over say 10 years there will be 2500 t0 3000 dates. Therefore I need to
transpose the data.
My problem is that the list of names refers to a master sheet with names
and addresses, set out conventionally. The list of names is sorted
alphabetically and changes with additions and deletions. Is there a quick way
to arrange that cell C4 on the current worksheet = A3 on the master sheet
then D4 = A4, E4 = A5, F4 = A6 etc. without having to insert each value one
at a time

Barry

Pecoflyer[_71_]

Transpose problem

In C4 enter
Code:
--------------------
=indirect("mastersheet!a"&column())
--------------------
and drag to the right

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=47395

Shane Devenshire

Transpose problem

Hi,

You can use
=OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$2,COLUMN(A1),0)
or
=INDEX(Sheet2!$A$3:$A$19,COLUMN(A1))

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Barry Lennox" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with names in column A and dates along row 4. I now
realise that the maximum number of names I will have will be 100 to 150
but
over say 10 years there will be 2500 t0 3000 dates. Therefore I need to
transpose the data.
My problem is that the list of names refers to a master sheet with names
and addresses, set out conventionally. The list of names is sorted
alphabetically and changes with additions and deletions. Is there a quick
way
to arrange that cell C4 on the current worksheet = A3 on the master sheet
then D4 = A4, E4 = A5, F4 = A6 etc. without having to insert each value
one
at a time

Barry

Barry Lennox[_2_]

[...]