-   -   How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/215410-how-do-you-prevent-excel-converting-c-%C2%A9.html)

Louis Zaffino[_2_]

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©?

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©?

Gord Dibben

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©?

Delete that item from your AutoCorrect Options.

ToolsAutocorrect

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 16:51:03 -0800, Louis Zaffino
wrote:

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©?

Dave Peterson

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to©?

In xl2003 menus:

Tools|autocorrect options|autocorrect tab
Look for (C) and delete that entry.

You could also hit Edit|Undo (or Ctrl-z) to change it back as soon as excel
"helps" out.

--

Dave Peterson

MikeJohnB

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©?

Tools-AutoCorrect

You will see there that there is a definition replace (C) with ©

If you change that to replace (C) with (C), it will prevent the ©, However,
I think this is a global setting so that it will always ignor © from that
point forward and you will have to insert that characer as a symbal. Not sure
if this is what you actually want to do???

Does this help????

Kindest Regards

Mike B
--
Advice to Posters.
Check your post for replies or request for more information.

"Louis Zaffino" wrote:

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©?

Louis Zaffino[_2_]

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©?

Gord:

Thank you. It was a little thing but it was bugging me. Is it hard to add
the copyright icon back to Autocorrect? Don't bother responding, I should at
least attempt it myself before asking. Thank you again.

wrote:

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©?

MikeJohnB

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©?

If you open word, type ctrl-alt-C the copy right symbol will appear. Copy
that from word and paste it into

Replace (C) with (Press Ctrl V to Paste ©) in the with column
--

wrote:

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to ©?

Dave Peterson

How do you prevent Excel from converting (C) to©?

If you're afraid to delete it, just change the "from" string to something that
you'll never see in real life:

Have (C)asdfasdf corrected to the copyright symbol (for example).