-   -   Sorting information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/215247-sorting-information.html)

whtbearfan

Sorting information

Greetings,
I have looked through the post here and haven't been able to find a way
to do this. I know it can be done I'm sure. I have 1917 rows of
information, with 5 columns. I want to lock the information in each row and
the sort one of the columns in alphabetical order. But I need to have the
information on the rows move with it when sorted. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Bernard Liengme

Sorting information

It helps to have labels at the top of each column
Select ALL the data to be sorted (NOT just the column) ; use the command
Data | Sort (do NOT use the A.Z or ZA tools)
In the resulting dialog, specify which column(s) are to be used for sorting;
click the OK button
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme