-   -   Formula to confirm entry in Col "C" is valid for data in Col "A" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/215164-formula-confirm-entry-col-c-valid-data-col.html)

VAPCMD

Formula to confirm entry in Col "C" is valid for data in Col "A"

Looking for formula that will confirm (True/False) that the (single
character) entry in col "C" is a valid entry for data in col "A". I have
setup a table that shows the 9 codes in col "A" (a, b, c, d, e, f, g, p, and
q) and the codes that correspond to them.

Any assistance appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Formula to confirm entry in Col "C" is valid for data in Col "A"

=C1=VLOOKUP(A1,lookup_table,2,False)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"VAPCMD" wrote in message
Looking for formula that will confirm (True/False) that the (single
character) entry in col "C" is a valid entry for data in col "A". I have
setup a table that shows the 9 codes in col "A" (a, b, c, d, e, f, g, p,
and
q) and the codes that correspond to them.

Any assistance appreciated

Thanks in advance.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Formula to confirm entry in Col "C" is valid for data in Col "A"

Hi,

You may need to get a little fancier because if the A1 entry is not listed
in the table the previous formula will return #N/A. In this case that
problem also displays FALSE.

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,$G$1:$H$2,2,)),FALSE,VLOOKUP(A 1,$G$1:$H$2,2,)=C1)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire