-   -   Pivot Table Formatting Question (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21510-pivot-table-formatting-question.html)

marmur1

Pivot Table Formatting Question

I feel stupid asking this, but couldn't find the answer anywhere. When I
initially started working with pivot tables, I was able to select all like
items by placing my cursor to the extreme left of the row. This would allow
me to change the formatting in all the total fields (for example) at once.

I am no longer being able to select all like fields this way. Do any of you
geniuses know how I might enable this feature again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Debra Dalgleish

To enable selection:

From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTableSelect
Click on Enable Selection

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

marmur1

Thank you so much, Debra! You helped me once before and I really appreciate
you sharing your knowledge with others.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

To enable selection:

From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTableSelect
Click on Enable Selection

marmur1 wrote:
I feel stupid asking this, but couldn't find the answer anywhere. When I
initially started working with pivot tables, I was able to select all like
items by placing my cursor to the extreme left of the row. This would allow
me to change the formatting in all the total fields (for example) at once.

I am no longer being able to select all like fields this way. Do any of you
geniuses know how I might enable this feature again?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it helped.

marmur1 wrote:
Thank you so much, Debra! You helped me once before and I really appreciate
you sharing your knowledge with others.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

To enable selection:

From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTableSelect