-   -   accidental file overwrite (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/214994-accidental-file-overwrite.html)

drumjam

accidental file overwrite

Instead of "save as" I entered "save" and thus accidentally overwrote a file
in Word this afternoon. Is there a way that I can retrieve an eariler
version of the file (from this morning) before I overwrote it? Thanks.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

accidental file overwrite

Hi,

The simple answer is no. But you could get your IT department to restore
the prior day's version of the file, if there was one on the network.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire