-   -   entering timecode into cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/214920-entering-timecode-into-cells.html)

Laura

entering timecode into cells

I'm trying to enter metadata for video assets. When I enter "35:55" for 35
minutes and 55 seconds, it keeps being changed to a fraction or a date or
sometimes "0:35:55". I've tried formatting the cells to general or MM:SS, but
it won't work

Does anyone know what to select when entering TRTs for tapes?

Thanks!

Gary''s Student

entering timecode into cells

Format Cells... . Number Custom mm:ss
and then enter the full time:
00:35:55
to display:
35:55
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200822

"Laura" wrote:

I'm trying to enter metadata for video assets. When I enter "35:55" for 35
minutes and 55 seconds, it keeps being changed to a fraction or a date or
sometimes "0:35:55". I've tried formatting the cells to general or MM:SS, but
it won't work

Does anyone know what to select when entering TRTs for tapes?

Thanks!

Laura

entering timecode into cells

Ah-ha! Worked like a charm. Thanks!