-   -   How do I fix: cell won't calculate because it is a constant? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/214814-how-do-i-fix-cell-wont-calculate-because-constant.html)

wvc

How do I fix: cell won't calculate because it is a constant?

When I export a table from a third party application into an Excel file,
formulae are not calculated. The formulae are displayed instead of the value
of the formula. I do not have this option selected (to display formulae
instead of values). When I "evaluate formula" the message says that "The
cell currently being evaluated contains a constant."

Gary''s Student

How do I fix: cell won't calculate because it is a constant?

If the formula appears in both the formula bar and the cell, the problem is
usually that the cells have been formated to Text.

Clear the cell, format it to General, and re-enter the formula.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200822