-   -   Text and Formula in one cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/214428-text-formula-one-cell.html)

Tracy

Text and Formula in one cell

I have a spreadsheet that has a cell with the answer to a formula, I would
like to add some text to this cell explaining what the answer is??

Does anyone have any ideas, I've tried changing the format to text and
simply just typing it but have had no success??

HELP?

Dave Peterson

Text and Formula in one cell

If the cell returns a number:

=a1+a2 +N("this is a comment describing the function")

if the cell returns text:

=a1&": "&text(a2,"mm/dd/yyyy") & text("this is a comment",";;;")

--

Dave Peterson

Luke M

Text and Formula in one cell

Use the "&" symbol
E.g.,
="The value of the first cell is "&A1
or
=A1&" is the value of first cell, and the second cell is "&B2

Simply change the text to whatever you want, and replace cell references
with your formula.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M