-   -   Won't Read Cell Names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/214343-wont-read-cell-names.html)

krum35

Won't Read Cell Names

I have made a cell with the following formula

=C2

However, instead of placing the value in C2, it is reading "=C2"

Chip Pearson

Won't Read Cell Names

The most likely culprit is that you have formatted that cell as Text.
Go to the Format menu, choose Cells, and there the Number tab. In the
list, choose General (or some other format) and click OK.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group