-   -   Changing scale on horizontal axis... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/214296-changing-scale-horizontal-axis.html)

curvature

Changing scale on horizontal axis...

One of the many trying to replicate what I used to do in Excel 2003.

I want to change the "maximum" value on a horizontal "date" axis t o
extend my chart for another year. In 2003, right click on the axis--
Format Axis-- change value in Maximum field--Bingo. In Excel 2007,
it ignores my attempts to change this value.

Running in compatibility mode.

Jon Peltier

Changing scale on horizontal axis...

Do you get the Format Axis dialog in 2007? Does the dialog provide places to
enter axis scale parameters? If not, you may have a category axis rather
than a date axis.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP