-   -   adding time in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/214023-adding-time-excel.html)

rodchar

adding time in excel

hey all,
is there way to add time in excel?
for instance,
i want to take 58 min and add 3min giving 61min.

thanks,
rodchar

Mike H

adding time in excel

Hi,

I think there's a banana skin waiting for me here because these don't look
like formatted times to me but supposing they are then it's simple addition

=a1+a2

formatted as [mm].ss

Mike

"rodchar" wrote:

hey all,
is there way to add time in excel?
for instance,
i want to take 58 min and add 3min giving 61min.

thanks,
rodchar

rodchar

adding time in excel

sorry bout that, should have phrased it better...
turns out i can do
15:34 + 0:20 to give me what i need.