-   -   Formatting in a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/213889-formatting-formula.html)

Pat Canton

Formatting in a formula

I am trying to format only a certain part of a formula...

Formula is :

=IF(ISBLANK('Cabinet Information'!D21),"Stain","Stain - "&'Cabinet
Information'!D21)

I don't want to bold Stain, only what comes after it - 'Cabinet
Information'!D21).
Is this possible from inside a formula?

Thanks in advance,

Pat Canton

Gary''s Student

Formatting in a formula

Not within a formula. You would need to copy and then pastespecial/values and
then apply the formats
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200820

"Pat Canton" wrote:

I am trying to format only a certain part of a formula...

Formula is :

=IF(ISBLANK('Cabinet Information'!D21),"Stain","Stain - "&'Cabinet
Information'!D21)

I don't want to bold Stain, only what comes after it - 'Cabinet
Information'!D21).
Is this possible from inside a formula?

Thanks in advance,

Pat Canton

Dave Peterson

Formatting in a formula

Nope.

Formulas don't support this kind of character by character formatting.

Pat Canton wrote:

I am trying to format only a certain part of a formula...

Formula is :

=IF(ISBLANK('Cabinet Information'!D21),"Stain","Stain - "&'Cabinet
Information'!D21)

I don't want to bold Stain, only what comes after it - 'Cabinet
Information'!D21).
Is this possible from inside a formula?

Thanks in advance,

Pat Canton

--

Dave Peterson

Dylan @ UAFC[_2_]

Formatting in a formula

sure if this only driven off a 21 lines of data
you could possilbe go one by one on the conditional
formating and go new rule, there is somewher in there
were it ill let type specific text and it auto formate that
text or text in the range disirered