-   -   Adding to a drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/213742-adding-drop-down-list.html)

ladybug

Adding to a drop down list

I have created a drop down list and it shows up where I need it. I now need
to add entries to that list, sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. I'm not
sure what I've done differently when it works, what is the proper procedure
to add items to a drop down list that is already created?

Jonathan Cooper

Adding to a drop down list

If your drop down list is comming from a range, my guess would be your adding
to the bottom of the range, but your listbox doesn't know that the range has
changed.

Easy way is to make sure you INSERT (row or cells) inside of your existing
range, rather than tacking data onto the bottom.

"ladybug" wrote:

I have created a drop down list and it shows up where I need it. I now need
to add entries to that list, sometimes I can and sometimes I can't. I'm not
sure what I've done differently when it works, what is the proper procedure
to add items to a drop down list that is already created?

ladybug

Adding to a drop down list

Thank you.