-   -   Adding a semicolon to the end of a name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/213695-adding-semicolon-end-name.html)

[email protected]

Adding a semicolon to the end of a name

Hello - I have a thousand names or so in a data sheet and need to add
a semi - colon after each name. Is there a quick way that I can do
this?

For example:

Do, John

needs to look like:

Do, John;

Thanks!

Eduardo

Adding a semicolon to the end of a name

Hi,
Let's say the names are in cell A1 all the way down in B1 enter

=A1&";"
copy the formula down

On Dec 15, 11:05*am, wrote:
Hello - I have a thousand names or so in a data sheet and need to add
a semi - colon after each name. *Is there a quick way that I can do
this?

For example:

Do, John

needs to look like: