-   -   Comment Notations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/213377-comment-notations.html)

Pippercat

Comment Notations

Excel 2007

A friend at work wonders if there is a way to print the little red triangle
that appears in the upper righthand corner of cells when a comment is
attached. We've searched and found how to print comments, but she just wants
the "notation" of a comment to print rather than the whole comment. She uses
the comments to let herself know when she's completed a task associated with
a cell's information - that is why she only needs the notation to print.

Thank you for your help!

Pippercat

Dave Peterson

Comment Notations

Personally, I would use another column with an indicator.

But you could add a shape over that comment indicator if you wanted.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more info:
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Indicator

--

Dave Peterson

Gary''s Student

Comment Notations

Very easy. Hi-light the cell range and copy as picture, then paste into
Paint or PowerPoint and print from there.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200820

"Pippercat" wrote:

Excel 2007

A friend at work wonders if there is a way to print the little red triangle
that appears in the upper righthand corner of cells when a comment is
attached. We've searched and found how to print comments, but she just wants
the "notation" of a comment to print rather than the whole comment. She uses
the comments to let herself know when she's completed a task associated with
a cell's information - that is why she only needs the notation to print.

Thank you for your help!

Pippercat

Sheeloo[_3_]

Comment Notations

You need to use VBA.

See http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Indicator for a solution.

"Pippercat" wrote:

Excel 2007

A friend at work wonders if there is a way to print the little red triangle
that appears in the upper righthand corner of cells when a comment is
attached. We've searched and found how to print comments, but she just wants
the "notation" of a comment to print rather than the whole comment. She uses
the comments to let herself know when she's completed a task associated with
a cell's information - that is why she only needs the notation to print.

Thank you for your help!

Pippercat

Bernard Liengme

Comment Notations

You could also Copy As Picture, Paste into another sheet in Excel and print
that
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme