-   -   Horizontal data to vertical data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21334-horizontal-data-vertical-data.html)

Aloysicus

Horizontal data to vertical data

I have a set of data list in the horizontal manner. Is there a macro that
can send this data vertically instead of manually doing it?

Thanks in advance.
Aloysicus

Ron Coderre

You can do what you are asking by:

1)Select the horizontal range of cells.
2)EditCopy
3)Select the cell where you want the vertical list to start.
4)EditPaste Special
5)Check the TRANSPOSE box and click [OK]

List horizontal list will be copied into a vertical list.

Is that what you're looking for?

Regards,
Ron

Max

Here's one way as responded to your identical post in .newusers
(please do not multi-post)

Assume source data is in Sheet1, A1:E1

In Sheet2

Put in A1:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-1,ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)

Copy A1 down by as many rows as there are columns in Sheet1, i.e. down to A5

A1:A5 will return whats in A1:E1 in Sheet1

--
Rgds
Max
"Aloysicus" wrote in message
I have a set of data list in the horizontal manner. Is there a macro that
can send this data vertically instead of manually doing it?

Thanks in advance.
Aloysicus

Aloysicus

Accidentally posted another in .newusers....did not mean to do it....

Thanks for your help, Max

"Aloysicus" wrote in message
I have a set of data list in the horizontal manner. Is there a macro
that
can send this data vertically instead of manually doing it?

Thanks in advance.
Aloysicus

Max

You're welcome !