-   -   Copy/paste from other application without delimiting it? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/213206-copy-paste-other-application-without-delimiting.html)

Jennifer

Copy/paste from other application without delimiting it?

When I copy a paragraph from another application and try to paste it in a
cell in Excel, it automatically delimits it. Does anyone know how to keep it
from doing this?
--
Jennifer

dlw

Copy/paste from other application without delimiting it?

not sure what you mean by "delimits" but try pasting into the formula bar at
the top of the screen instead of just the cell?

"Jennifer" wrote:

When I copy a paragraph from another application and try to paste it in a
cell in Excel, it automatically delimits it. Does anyone know how to keep it
from doing this?
--
Jennifer

Gord Dibben

Copy/paste from other application without delimiting it?

What is the de-limiter Excel uses?

Excel will store the DataText to Columns settings if you have used that at
some time.

Check to see what the settings are and clear de-limiters such as space or
comma or other(if set).

Save the workbook then try your copy/paste.

Or paste into the formula bar as has been suggested by dlw.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP