-   -   IF function + a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/213197-if-function-formula.html)

cindyt

IF function + a formula

I am trying to figure out how I can use the IF function to identify a word,
such as "Home". If it is true, I need to do a formula on that line of
information. The formula I am using is =+((C2-Criteria)-M2)/60. I cannot
seem to add all this together and make it work. I am using Excel 2003.

thanks!

Per Jessen

IF function + a formula

Hi

The formula in the cell where you need the result could look like this:

=if(A2="Home",+((C2-Criteria)-M2)/60,0)

Regards,
Per

"Cindyt" skrev i meddelelsen
I am trying to figure out how I can use the IF function to identify a word,
such as "Home". If it is true, I need to do a formula on that line of
information. The formula I am using is =+((C2-Criteria)-M2)/60. I cannot
seem to add all this together and make it work. I am using Excel 2003.

thanks!

Fred Smith[_4_]

IF function + a formula

Try something like:

=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("home",A1)),((C2-criteria)-M2)/60,"not found")

BTW, "=+" is superfluous. "=" works just as well.

Regards,
Fred.

"Cindyt" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how I can use the IF function to identify a word,
such as "Home". If it is true, I need to do a formula on that line of
information. The formula I am using is =+((C2-Criteria)-M2)/60. I cannot
seem to add all this together and make it work. I am using Excel 2003.

thanks!

Rick Rothstein

IF function + a formula

Are you trying to find Home in the text contained in a single cell (Fred
gave you code which should do that) or are you looking for the word Home in
a column of data? Assuming the latter..

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH("Home",A1:A100,0)),(C2-Criteria-M2)/60,"")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Cindyt" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out how I can use the IF function to identify a word,
such as "Home". If it is true, I need to do a formula on that line of
information. The formula I am using is =+((C2-Criteria)-M2)/60. I cannot
seem to add all this together and make it work. I am using Excel 2003.

thanks!

Rick Rothstein

IF function + a formula

Is your system clock set correctly?