-   -   copy & paste in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/213191-copy-paste-excel.html)

Trish

copy & paste in excel

When I copy & paste a formula in excel the formula copies but does not work.
eg.
=SUM(F16:F18) is copied from =SUM(E16:E18) but the total is the same as the
original E16:18. This is happening regardless of whether I copy within a
worksheet of from one worksheet to another. If I double click to edit the new
formula it works. What is happening?? I don't want to have to edit alll cells
I copy and paste.

Trish

David Biddulph[_2_]

copy & paste in excel