-   -   In excel how do remove a cel's content, but keep the formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/213148-excel-how-do-remove-cels-content-but-keep-formula.html)

veneziagurl

In excel how do remove a cel's content, but keep the formula?

I have to keep the formulas in a template, but want to remove the value from
the cel. For example, I don't want someone to see the calculation total the
formula has given me, I just want them to see the formula. Or conversly, hide
the formula and the answer. It is important that I can put in the new users
data and the formula will auto calculate the new answer based on their inputs.

David Biddulph[_2_]

In excel how do remove a cel's content, but keep the formula?

Edit/ Go To/ Special/ Values
David Biddulph

"veneziagurl" wrote in message
I have to keep the formulas in a template, but want to remove the value
from
the cel. For example, I don't want someone to see the calculation total
the
formula has given me, I just want them to see the formula. Or conversly,
hide
the formula and the answer. It is important that I can put in the new
users
data and the formula will auto calculate the new answer based on their
inputs.

Gord Dibben

In excel how do remove a cel's content, but keep the formula?

Make that EditGo ToSpecialConstants and uncheck all but "Numbers"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP