-   -   Conditional Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212995-conditional-formatting.html)

Shannon

Conditional Formatting

How can I make a certain value in "column a" change something in "column b"?

When a cell in "column a" is = "a" I want to change what ever is in the
corresponding cell in "column b" to "unbolded". Is this possible?

FSt1

Conditional Formatting

hi
in cell b3 enter into conditoal format dialog....
formula is......=A3<"a"...........format bold
copy cell B3 and paste special formats down column B

regards
FSt1

"Shannon" wrote:

How can I make a certain value in "column a" change something in "column b"?

When a cell in "column a" is = "a" I want to change what ever is in the
corresponding cell in "column b" to "unbolded". Is this possible?

Shannon

Conditional Formatting

Ok - when I do that then whatever is in the cells in column b change to the
value from "b3"... How can I make it so the values don't change to "b3"'s
value??

Sheeloo[_3_]

Conditional Formatting

Are you selection 'Formats' in the Paste Special dialog box?

To get what you want
Select Cell b3
Click on the Paint Brush icon
Click on Col B
this will copy the formatting to Col B

"Shannon" wrote:

Ok - when I do that then whatever is in the cells in column b change to the
value from "b3"... How can I make it so the values don't change to "b3"'s
value??

FSt1

Conditional Formatting

thanks sheeloo.