-   -   hyperlink in Excel 2007 spreadsheet cell, to a Powerpoint 2007 sli (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212898-hyperlink-excel-2007-spreadsheet-cell-powerpoint-2007-sli.html)

Bob W

hyperlink in Excel 2007 spreadsheet cell, to a Powerpoint 2007 sli

Without complex visual basic is there any way to hyperlink from an Excel 2007
cell, to slide number [whatever] in a Powerpoint presentation?

Gary''s Student

hyperlink in Excel 2007 spreadsheet cell, to a Powerpoint 2007 sli

=HYPERLINK("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\sample.ppt#13")

For the 13th slide

etc.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819

Bob W

hyperlink in Excel 2007 spreadsheet cell, to a Powerpoint 2007

Duh, i never thought of doing it that way! I was thinking inside the box
(highlight a cell's text and click 'insert hyperlink'). It appears that
Gary's student is also a teacher - thanks! :-)

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=HYPERLINK("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\sample.ppt#13")

For the 13th slide

etc.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819

Bob W

hyperlink in Excel 2007 spreadsheet cell, to a Powerpoint 2007

The suggested hyperlink syntax, when followed precisely, opens up the
powerpoint presentation, but does not display the target slide...it always
just displays the first slide, no matter what slide number is appended after
the "#". Could i be missing something?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=HYPERLINK("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\sample.ppt#13")

For the 13th slide

etc.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819

Gary''s Student

hyperlink in Excel 2007 spreadsheet cell, to a Powerpoint 2007

You are correct. I am getting the same behavior in 2007.
2003 works just fine.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=HYPERLINK("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\sample.ppt#13")

For the 13th slide

etc.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819

Bernard Liengme

hyperlink in Excel 2007 spreadsheet cell, to a Powerpoint 2007

I will report this to Microsoft - might be in time for SP2 (I always think
the glass is half-full!)
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=HYPERLINK("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My
Documents\sample.ppt#13")

For the 13th slide

etc.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819

Gary''s Student

hyperlink in Excel 2007 spreadsheet cell, to a Powerpoint 2007

Thanks!
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=HYPERLINK("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My
Documents\sample.ppt#13")

For the 13th slide

etc.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819

Bernard Liengme

hyperlink in Excel 2007 spreadsheet cell, to a Powerpoint 2007

They replied "This is known PowerPoint bug" !