-   -   Trying to open a WK4 file - file blocked by registry policy setti (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212855-trying-open-wk4-file-file-blocked-registry-policy-setti.html)

John Moss

Trying to open a WK4 file - file blocked by registry policy setti

Trying to read/open a WK4 file. I am getting the message "File Blocked by
Registry Policy setting". How can I correct this so that I can read Lotus
files?

Jim Rech

Trying to open a WK4 file - file blocked by registry policy setti

This is a new feature introduced with Office 2003 SP3. Install this REG
file:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...blockExcel.reg

To read more about it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810/en-us