-   -   Another problem - INDIRECT? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212816-another-problem-indirect.html)

Andrew Mackenzie

Another problem - INDIRECT?

Another problem is driving me crazy this morning.

I have a formula that contains a reference to a range named dciEUR. I want
to be able to change the reference to dciUSD or dciCHF etc depending on
whether a certain cell contains EUR, USD or CHF.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks again in advance.

Pete_UK

Another problem - INDIRECT?

Instead of your reference to dciEUR in your formula, you can replace
it with:

INDIRECT("dci"&A1)

where A1 is assumed to contain EUR, USD or CHF.

Give details of the formula you are using at the moment if this does
not solve your problem.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 8, 11:56*am, "Andrew Mackenzie"
wrote:
Another problem is driving me crazy this morning.

I have a formula that contains a reference to a range named dciEUR. *I want
to be able to change the reference to dciUSD or dciCHF etc depending on
whether a certain cell contains EUR, USD or CHF.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks again in advance.

Andrew Mackenzie

Another problem - INDIRECT?

Many thanks Pete.

wrote:
Another problem is driving me crazy this morning.

I have a formula that contains a reference to a range named dciEUR. I want
to be able to change the reference to dciUSD or dciCHF etc depending on
whether a certain cell contains EUR, USD or CHF.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks again in advance.

Pete_UK

Another problem - INDIRECT?

You're welcome, Andrew - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Dec 8, 2:18*pm, "Andrew Mackenzie"
wrote:
Many thanks Pete.