-   -   Counting criteria with dates in Jan,Feb etc (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212813-counting-criteria-dates-jan-feb-etc.html)

Michael B

Counting criteria with dates in Jan,Feb etc

Hi all,

I have gone through all the previous posts and tried several different
variations but still can`t get it. Can anyone help?

I have 2 columns, one has a date in (the date closed) and the other has
either "Repudiated" or "Withdrawn" in.
I need to count the amount of entries in January that have been "Repudiated"

Any ideas please..

Many Thanks

Michael.

Mike H

Counting criteria with dates in Jan,Feb etc

Try this,

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A20)=1)*(B1:B20="Repudiated" ))

In parctice Id use cell references for the criteria

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A20)=C1)*(B1:B20=D1))

Mike

"Michael B" wrote:

Hi all,

I have gone through all the previous posts and tried several different
variations but still can`t get it. Can anyone help?

I have 2 columns, one has a date in (the date closed) and the other has
either "Repudiated" or "Withdrawn" in.
I need to count the amount of entries in January that have been "Repudiated"

Any ideas please..

Many Thanks

Michael.

Roger Govier[_3_]

Counting criteria with dates in Jan,Feb etc

Hi Michael

With date in Column A and Result in B
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH($A$2:$A$1000)=1),--($A$2:$A$1000<""),
--($B$2:$B$1000="Repudiated"))

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Michael B" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have gone through all the previous posts and tried several different
variations but still can`t get it. Can anyone help?

I have 2 columns, one has a date in (the date closed) and the other has
either "Repudiated" or "Withdrawn" in.
I need to count the amount of entries in January that have been
"Repudiated"

Any ideas please..

Many Thanks

Michael.

Michael B

Counting criteria with dates in Jan,Feb etc

That works great, thanks a lot.

Have a great Xmas all!!