-   -   cell contents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212770-cell-contents.html)

breeznby

cell contents

I have formatted a range of cells with a formula. It's an expense worksheet
that keeps a running total among other things. The last result is repeated
until I enter new data. How can I delete the contents of the cells not yet
used without deleting the formula itself?
--
breeznby

Per Jessen[_2_]

cell contents

Hi

You have to use an if formula like this:

=if(A1="","",A1*2)

If A1 is empty, the formula cell will remain empty, else calculate the
formula.

Hopes it helps.

Regards,
Per