-   -   Excel 2007: Filename.xls is locked for editing by another user (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212611-excel-2007-filename-xls-locked-editing-another-user.html)

TERRAUSC

Excel 2007: Filename.xls is locked for editing by another user

We have a shared file that ocassionally give this error when someone attemps
to open the file. Sometime we can overrirde by using the read only option
but we have had problems where the user is locked in and the network
administrator has to release them. Why does this happen and how can we
prevent it?

[email protected]

Excel 2007: Filename.xls is locked for editing by another user

I too have a user that is seeing this issue. It will say that "user" has it
locked. she will close it and reopen the file. It isn't her mouse or
double clicking that is cuasing this problem. Has anyone a solution for this?