-   -   Cut and paste problems! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212496-cut-paste-problems.html)

cstratton

Cut and paste problems!

When I cut, then paste (to another excel spreadsheet)-it pastes as a picture.
How do I get it to paste normally so that I can manipulate the data on the
second spreadsheet?

Sean Timmons

Cut and paste problems!

So, when you opened your two spreadsheets, you opened them in separate
Excels. Open your first Excel document. Then, use file/Open to get your 2nd
document. That way, you can copy and paste as normal.

"cstratton" wrote:

When I cut, then paste (to another excel spreadsheet)-it pastes as a picture.
How do I get it to paste normally so that I can manipulate the data on the
second spreadsheet?

Gord Dibben

Cut and paste problems!

Sounds like you have two instances of Excel running with a workbook in each.

Close down one instance and open both workbooks in one instance.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP