-   -   Excel platforms (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212070-excel-platforms.html)

ginger

Excel platforms

I have someone that sends me Excel 2007 sheets and I have Excel 2002. I am
unable to open the Excel 2007 file with extention .xlsx. I have tried to
change the extention to .xls and it wil still not open. How can I convert the
2007 Excel file to 2002 Excel file?

Don Guillett

Excel platforms

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Ginger" wrote in message
I have someone that sends me Excel 2007 sheets and I have Excel 2002. I am
unable to open the Excel 2007 file with extention .xlsx. I have tried to
change the extention to .xls and it wil still not open. How can I convert
the
2007 Excel file to 2002 Excel file?

John[_22_]

Excel platforms

Try this site
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx
Regards
John
"Ginger" wrote in message
I have someone that sends me Excel 2007 sheets and I have Excel 2002. I am
unable to open the Excel 2007 file with extention .xlsx. I have tried to
change the extention to .xls and it wil still not open. How can I convert
the
2007 Excel file to 2002 Excel file?

Jim Cone[_2_]

Excel platforms

You can ask the sender to save the xl2007 file in the older file format.
You then won't have to install the 28,000 KB xl2007 file converter program.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA