-   -   Retrieving a Deleted Spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/212026-retrieving-deleted-spreadsheet.html)

harriet

Retrieving a Deleted Spreadsheet

Hi,
Is there any way that I can retrieve a deleted spreadsheet. I think by
accident I did a "saved as" and my mistatke erased the spreadsheet that
listed all of my income for 2008! HELP!

Gord Dibben

Retrieving a Deleted Spreadsheet

Saving as does not erase or delete the original.

If you just "saved as" a new name, the original workbook is still on your
computer, but without your latest changes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 17:26:33 -0800, Harriet
wrote:

Hi,
Is there any way that I can retrieve a deleted spreadsheet. I think by
accident I did a "saved as" and my mistatke erased the spreadsheet that
listed all of my income for 2008! HELP!

harriet

Retrieving a Deleted Spreadsheet

Gordon,
I believe that I saved by accident spreadsheet "contributions" to "income"
and when I did that I said "yes" and now I have two spreadsheets for
"contributions" and my income spreadsheet was deleted. Is it possible to
retrive the deleted information?

wrote:

Hi,
Is there any way that I can retrieve a deleted spreadsheet. I think by
accident I did a "saved as" and my mistatke erased the spreadsheet that
listed all of my income for 2008! HELP!

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Retrieving a Deleted Spreadsheet

Hi,

Excel can do nothing to recover the data. You should get your backup copy
or contact IT and ask them to restore the original from a prior day.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

wrote:

Hi,
Is there any way that I can retrieve a deleted spreadsheet. I think by
accident I did a "saved as" and my mistatke erased the spreadsheet that
listed all of my income for 2008! HELP!

David Biddulph[_2_]

Retrieving a Deleted Spreadsheet

Use the backup copy. That is why you select "always create a backup copy"
under the options when you do a "Save As".
[If you didn't do so in the past, then hopefully you will do in the future.]
--
David Biddulph