-   -   Number Format: 1,000,000 = 1 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211970-number-format-1-000-000-%3D-1-a.html)

Kevin

Number Format: 1,000,000 = 1

Hi

Is there a way I can format a number so that a value of 1,000,000 shows 1

thanks
--
Kevin

Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_]

Number Format: 1,000,000 = 1

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:02:01 -0800, Kevin
wrote:

Hi

Is there a way I can format a number so that a value of 1,000,000 shows 1

thanks

Try the follwing format
"0 "
i.e. a zero followed by two spaces (but without the quote signs).

The help function actually states that
"#,,"
(but without the quote signs) should do the trick, but it did not work
for me.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

Dave Peterson

Number Format: 1,000,000 = 1

You could try a custom format of:

#,,

Kevin wrote:

Hi

Is there a way I can format a number so that a value of 1,000,000 shows 1

thanks
--
Kevin

--

Dave Peterson

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Number Format: 1,000,000 = 1

Hi,

Either
#,,
or
0,,

will work. You might also consider

#,,"M" or 0,,"M"
or
#,,KK or 0,,KK

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
"Kevin" wrote:

Hi

Is there a way I can format a number so that a value of 1,000,000 shows 1

thanks
--
Kevin

Lars-Åke Aspelin[_2_]

Number Format: 1,000,000 = 1

wrote:

Hi

Is there a way I can format a number so that a value of 1,000,000 shows 1

thanks

Try the follwing format
"0 "
i.e. a zero followed by two spaces (but without the quote signs).

The help function actually states that
"#,,"
(but without the quote signs) should do the trick, but it did not work
for me.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke

The reason why 0,, did not work for me was that I don't use , (comma)
as the "digit grouping symbol", I use blank for that.

So the answer to your question could be rephrased like:

use a custom number format like a 0 followed by two occurances of the
digit grouping symbol that you use. And that seems to be , (comma)
from your orignal post.

/ Lars-Åke