-   -   setting range criteria in pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211791-setting-range-criteria-pivot-table.html)

ela

setting range criteria in pivot table

Can I freely set a range criterion(a) for counting? e.g. for the following
data, can I set < 80 or 100 or <120 and 80 DYNAMICALLY? I can do that by
adding columns to check the conditions but it then constrains my mind as I
cannot see the statistics in real time. Thanks.

GFR_Base
80.161
86.994
128.392
108.492
126.251

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

setting range criteria in pivot table

Hi,

Sure, try something like this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A5=D1),--(A1:A5<=E1))

Where your data is in range A1:A5 and you enter a lower and upper bound in
D1 and E1.

Dynamic!

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"ela" wrote in message
Can I freely set a range criterion(a) for counting? e.g. for the following
data, can I set < 80 or 100 or <120 and 80 DYNAMICALLY? I can do that
by adding columns to check the conditions but it then constrains my mind
as I cannot see the statistics in real time. Thanks.

GFR_Base
80.161
86.994
128.392
108.492
126.251

What I did exactly is the post above mine "Calculated field -pivottable",
creating a new column similar to muddan madhu suggested. In fact Shane
Devenshire provided a complete solution, if Excel does not limit the no. of
col. to 255. So for continuous data like mine, anybody has a solution?