-   -   Formulas over multiple cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211765-formulas-over-multiple-cells.html)

Keith Brown

Formulas over multiple cells

I am trying to create a "smart" invoice. I am exporting my journal entries
out of Outlook 2007 to a Tab delimited file. I am importing this data into a
tab in Excel called "Invoice Details". I have another tab in Excel called
"Invoice". I am wanting combine all the data for a single date on the
"Invoice Details" tab to a single row on the "Invoice" tab.

For example on the Invoice Details Tab I have two entries for 11/26/2009:

Description Date Time
Phone Calls 11/26/2009 60
Documentation 11/26/2009 300

I want this to show up on the Invoice tab in a single row such as:

Description Date Time
Phone Calls; Documentation 11/26/2009 360

Is it possible to create a formula to do something like this. I realize it
will probably be three formulas as this data is kept in three different
columns.

Thanks for any advice.