-   -   Data Validation - Drop down lists - if then? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21174-data-validation-drop-down-lists-if-then.html)

Steve R

Data Validation - Drop down lists - if then?

I have a spreadsheet with two tabs. The first is the working tab, the second
is for lists.

On the first page I have a drop down list. Is there a way to have a second
drop down list that allows the list selection to change based on the choice
made on the first list?

I other words: If list A has a choice of Coke, Pepsi, or Dr.Pepper... is
there a way to make the second drop down list change (between three
corresponding lists) dependent on what soft drink the user chooses???

And if so, how do I do it? In lamens terms please, I am an intermidiate user.

Thanks,
Steve

Debra Dalgleish

There are instructions here for dependent data validation lists:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Peo Sjoblom