-   -   Remove # Symbol (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211706-remove-symbol.html)

Teddy-B

Remove # Symbol

I have column with strings of text that has the # symbol in front.
#1234567891011
I need to remove the # symbol.

Text to columns does not work with (fixed with).

Thanks:

Teddy-B

porter444

Remove # Symbol

Same deal, use "Edit", "Replace" (and leave Replace with blank)

--
If my posting was helpful, please click the "Yes" button.

ROCK ON!,

Scott

"Teddy-B" wrote:

I have column with strings of text that has the # symbol in front.
#1234567891011
I need to remove the # symbol.

Text to columns does not work with (fixed with).

Thanks:

Teddy-B

Chip Pearson

Remove # Symbol

Insert a new column next to the existing data, and use a formula like

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-1)

where A1 is the first cell with data. Copy this down as far as you
need to go. Then copy this range and Paste Special Values over the
original range and finally delete the range with the formulas.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group