-   -   Pivot table Limits? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21160-pivot-table-limits.html)

Robbie

Pivot table Limits?

I have a pivot table that was created by another user. It is keyed off a
generator field that has a three character identifier in it. I should be
picking up six of these generators but I am only picking up five. When I
change one of the records at the top to the missing generator, I pick that
record up but if I move one of the records to the bottom, I lose that record.
Is there a limitation on how many rows a pivot table can use or is it limited
when it's created?
--
RLR

Debra Dalgleish

The following MSKB articles outline PivotTable limitations for different
versions of Excel:

XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211517

Limits of PivotTable Reports in Microsoft Excel 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=820742

Robbie wrote:
I have a pivot table that was created by another user. It is keyed off a
generator field that has a three character identifier in it. I should be
picking up six of these generators but I am only picking up five. When I
change one of the records at the top to the missing generator, I pick that
record up but if I move one of the records to the bottom, I lose that record.
Is there a limitation on how many rows a pivot table can use or is it limited
when it's created?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List