-   -   Suddenly checking links (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211592-suddenly-checking-links.html)

Ugnz

Suddenly checking links

I'm using Excel 2007, with a file saved in 2003 format, with cells linked to
other 2003 format files.

Sometimes, when I press Ctrl-C to copy something, it suddenly decides to
check my links, and asks me if I want to check them or continue. Just now I
said to look at the links and it said that the sources were not found, even
though they were already open.

This has just starting happening in the past few weeks, and I was wondering
if it's something anyone else has come across, and if I'm doing something to
make this happen. It's quite annoying, and could cause problems if my
support person has to run my reports, as she's not as comfortable in Excel as
I am, and has to follow precise instructions, which don't include how to deal
with this.

Maria :)