-   -   Adding default comment text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/21159-adding-default-comment-text.html)

dshigley

Adding default comment text

Does anyone know if there is a way to add default text to a comment so
whenever I insert a comment that text is there? For example, if I have a
financial spreadsheet and every comment I add looks like this:

Current Month:
$##.##
Adjustments:
$##.##

Can I make a default comment with the current month and adjustments field
pre-loaded so whenever I insert comment all I have to do is fill in the
dollar amount. Thanks much,

Dan

Myrna Larson

I am wondering why you don't want to put this in columns on the worksheet? Is
there no chance you will ever need to use the data in calculations? That's
much less hassle. The columns can be hidden if you don't want to print them.