-   -   automaitcally changed text when copying (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211561-automaitcally-changed-text-when-copying.html)

SAE

automaitcally changed text when copying

I created a master sheet. when copying dates to another worksheet in this
workbook it is changing the date to a number which is meaningless. i.e.
9/24/08 to 23498. I changed the formating to text and it didn't help. It
didn't work in date format either.

Franz Erhart

automaitcally changed text when copying

The number is not meaningless. It tells how many days passed since 1/1/1900.
9/24/08 is represented by 39715 internally.
You have to format with date instead of text.
And then it'll display it the way you want it to.