-   -   Data Validation...I need to add more entries!! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211543-data-validation-i-need-add-more-entries.html)

Davieslondon

Data Validation...I need to add more entries!!

Hi,

I am having difficulty in adding new enteries to my data validation list,
every time I try to enter a new entry on the list it starts to over write my
existing enteries. Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of
characters allowed per drop down!? Or does anyone know how to get around this
problem!?

Thanks,

Bob Phillips[_3_]

Data Validation...I need to add more entries!!

Put the values in a range, and point the DV at that range rather then embed
them.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Davieslondon" wrote in message

I am having difficulty in adding new enteries to my data validation list,
every time I try to enter a new entry on the list it starts to over write
my
existing enteries. Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of
characters allowed per drop down!? Or does anyone know how to get around
this
problem!?

Thanks,

Max

Data Validation...I need to add more entries!!

I wonder if its because you're typing items directly into the DV's source box?

You could try the other options (eg: named/defined range) in Debra's page:
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:20,500 Files:365 Subscribers:65
xdemechanik
---
"Davieslondon" wrote:
I am having difficulty in adding new enteries to my data validation list,
every time I try to enter a new entry on the list it starts to over write my
existing enteries. Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of
characters allowed per drop down!? Or does anyone know how to get around this
problem!?

Davieslondon

Data Validation...I need to add more entries!!

Thanks very much.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Put the values in a range, and point the DV at that range rather then embed
them.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Davieslondon" wrote in message

I am having difficulty in adding new enteries to my data validation list,
every time I try to enter a new entry on the list it starts to over write
my
existing enteries. Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of
characters allowed per drop down!? Or does anyone know how to get around
this
problem!?

Thanks,

Davieslondon

Data Validation...I need to add more entries!!

I think it was, but have now resloved the issue.

Thank you.