-   -   Changing text color based upon If (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/211432-changing-text-color-based-upon-if.html)

kenm

Changing text color based upon If

I have two colums with inventory numbers Column A is the three month
requirement, column B is quantity in stock. If B is less than A column, I
would like the text in B to change colors (to Red for instance). Any ideas?

Thanks,
KenM

FSt1

Changing text color based upon If

hi
conditional formating...
select b2, then on the tool bar
formatconditional formating.

formulal is.......=B2<A2......pick your color.

copy and paste formats down as far as you need.

regards
FSt1

Regards

"KenM" wrote:

I have two colums with inventory numbers Column A is the three month
requirement, column B is quantity in stock. If B is less than A column, I
would like the text in B to change colors (to Red for instance). Any ideas?

Thanks,
KenM

Gord Dibben

Changing text color based upon If

Check out help for Conditional Formatting

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:39:02 -0800, KenM
wrote:

I have two colums with inventory numbers Column A is the three month
requirement, column B is quantity in stock. If B is less than A column, I
would like the text in B to change colors (to Red for instance). Any ideas?

Thanks,
KenM

kenm

Changing text color based upon If

Thank you. But is it possible to select cells B2 through B116 to have them
compare between A2 through A116 so that I wouldn't have to repeat the
function 115 times? I thought I might be able to select a group of cells to
apply the formula too. I am using 2007 by the way.

"KenM" wrote:

I have two colums with inventory numbers Column A is the three month
requirement, column B is quantity in stock. If B is less than A column, I
would like the text in B to change colors (to Red for instance). Any ideas?

Thanks,
KenM

FSt1

Changing text color based upon If

hi
no i don't think conditional formatting works that way. each cell must be
set. but you can copy and paste special formats to set the column in mass
after setting one cell.
and i am stuck on 2003. in 2007,its the home tabstyle groupconditioal
formating.

regards
FSt1

"KenM" wrote:

I have two colums with inventory numbers Column A is the three month
requirement, column B is quantity in stock. If B is less than A column, I
would like the text in B to change colors (to Red for instance). Any ideas?

Thanks,
KenM

David Biddulph[_2_]

Changing text color based upon If

You can certainly select a range of cells before you apply CF in Excel 2003.
I would be surprised if you can't in 2007, though I know that there have
been some "improvements".
--
David Biddulph